Saturday, May 24, 2008

In a funk

I really want to blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I hate feeling this annoyed at everything. And ready to cry at the drop of a hat. And so exhausted that I hurt all over. Then there's the having to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. My sleep already sucks.

"Normal" isn't really comforting anymore.

We're going to look at beds. I need something comfortable to rest my bones on for 10-12 hours a night. Not even joking. I'm even taking my restless leg medicine. Of course, it could be the pregnancy that's messing with the legs too.

I feel like the walking dead here. How am I supposed to get through a summer with a toddler who won't sit still for two seconds?

And? They called me to the nursery. I'm thinking it's going to be a long summer. And not in the good sense.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Nursery's not such a bad place for a pregnant gal. You get to take off your shoes and you get SNACKS! Plus, no one will look at you funny if you lay down on the floor.

Dirtius Wifius said...

It's actually been nice because it means Felix can be in nursery 3 months early. He does great, even though he doesn't listen.

Did you know that nursery has lessons and a specific structure? Who knew? Yeah, I'm giving the lesson next week.

Babies don't listen to lessons, do they?

CarrieAnne said...

They do listen to lessons, for about 5-maybe 10 minutes. I find that they really like a regular schedule. sing,dance,snacks,lesson,eat crayons..they like those things to happen at the same time each week.

ADDollhouse said...

I think nursery kids get lessons by osmosis and that is all.

Basically it means a LOT of adaptation to the original topic and a lot of songs. Because basically they cry a lot. (I am a nursery veteran, baby!)

Anonymous said...

Hey--it's Heather's birthday today (May 28)! Happy Birthday, dear! You're an important part of my life!

Love, Mom

jenica said...

happy birthday lovey! i didn't realize our birthdays were so close! chin up, birthdays are fun... even if nursery isn't.

xoxo

Kristin said...

Look at Ikea for Mattresses and beds. Not too expensive and VERY comfortable. The Sultan Hamno is the one we got and we LOVE it!