Sunday, May 1, 2011

courtesy of Brandi

Brandi's pizza (that looks amazing so I have to save the recipe and try it out myself)

Use your favorite pizza dough (tonight I used Pillsbury from a pop-can, but normally I use a half whole wheat dough recipe). Pre-bake it for 5 or 6 minutes.
Spread a white cheese sauce all over the crust. I normally use this... recipe--
{2 tablespoons butter; 2 tablespoons flour; 1 1/4 cups milk, heated; Sea Salt; Ground pepper; 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese (you could use mozzarella or jack or any soft-ish white cheese.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown — about 2 minutes. Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more. Add cheese, stir constantly until melted.}
HOWEVER, I had a coupon for a free container of the new Philly Cooking Cream, so tonight I used that (in the savory garlic flavor) instead. And let me tell you, it was SOOOOO good. I know a lot of you prefer homemade over packaged foods, but the Philly Cooking Cream was FANTASTIC.
So anyway, after you spread around the white sauce, top it with half a bag of shredded mozzarella (I used Kraft Italian 5 Cheese blend). Top with cooked and shredded chicken breast and thinly sliced FRESH asparagus (cooked or canned would be gross). Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at whatever temp your crust called for until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Then take it out behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

It would be good with tomatoes. And BACON. It kind of cries out for bacon

No comments: