Wednesday, February 11, 2009

and this time I'm serious!

I bought an exercise bike from a Filipino guy who's getting deported. The group work visa extension was denied so stuff is being unloaded for good prices. This was my find. Mom helped me put it together last night and I have the blood blister on my finger to show for it. But dang it, I just HAVE to lose this weight.

I'm sick of shopping in the fat lady section.
I'm sick of specialty shops for under-goodies.
I'm sick of asking for an extension for the seat belt in the airplane and hoping that a skinny person is sitting next to me so my fat won't touch theirs.
I want to have an easy pregnancy. Easier, at the very least.
I want to have the energy to play with my kids.
I want to be able to order dessert and not worry about getting knowing looks (to me and behind my back). Because you know if a fat person likes dessert then that's automatically what made them that way.

Sigh.

Felix is making progress on the potty training. He likes to sit on the potty chair, but he hasn't figured out how to make himself go - hasn't made the connection yet. He sits and even tries to push something out. It's really funny. The best part is how he sits. There's a little pee shield that folds down and to get over it, he puts his bum way up in the air and backs onto the seat, looking between his legs for guidance.

I'm sure that one day this will be good blackmail fodder...

1 comment:

Kaysie Adams said...

Love the potty picture! Potting training is oh so fun....I'm really not looking forward to doing it again. It ought to be interesting to see how a girl does. Good luck with it all!