Thursday, June 25, 2009

Progress


Felix is speaking a lot more lately. He talks all the time and tries really hard to do things himself. And he's using pretty close to complete sentences.

Last week he insisted "WeWe change bum", but when he was down on his back he couldn't figure out how to take his pants off. He felt around, paused, and said, "help!" We all got a good laugh out of it, but he did basically change his own bum. Kind of fun. We've tried pull-ups on him but he just uses them like diapers. He's still using the potty chair whenever he's naked - very regular and no accidents. I think it might be a while before he doesn't need some kind of protection at night, but I consider this great progress.

On Tuesday morning I asked him to go get a diaper so I could change him and before going anywhere he called out: "Biper! Are you in closet?" Awesome. Man I love that little kid.

Amelia is the great sleeper of the family. I still nurse her almost every day. Just for a few minutes, but we both still like it. She's a champ with the bottle too though. The nicest thing is that Brent is able to spend lots of time with her and I'm able to sleep in. Well, till Felix wakes up, usually around 7. Not much of a sleep-in, but every minute counts!

As I posted a couple weeks ago, I've started a new fitness thing. I haven't been nearly as good as I need to be, but the numbers are still moving. I'm up to almost 1600 calories a day, and I've already lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. And that's with lots of cheating and slip-ups. I haven't really done very well at all, but I'm still making progress. That's some serious motivation to keep going. Thankfully, the foods I'm eating are all things that I do actually like. The biggest changes are that I'm eating less at a time but a lot more often. My worst eating habit was to go like 6+ hours without eating and then pigging out. Now I have to eat every 2 to 3 hours. It's tougher than it sounds. But results, man!

So, progress is being made. Our kitchen is finally ready for a stove and we've got one that will be moved as soon as we can commandeer a truck to the AF/Orem area for an hour. Felix is talking and being as fun as ever. Amelia is on the brink of crawling and holding her own bottle (freedom!). And I'm losing weight. Brent hasn't changed, but he's doing fine too.

The end.

Oh, I joined Twitter. I have no idea what to do with it yet, but I joined. As far as I can tell it's just another way to waste time on the web. My favorite person to stalk is Wil Wheaton. Remember him? Wesley Crusher from Star Trek Next Generation. He's hilarious.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm proud of you, Heath, but no more saying, "Oh, I'm not doing too well with that diet thing, cause I keep cheating and stuff." You got to stay very motivated if you want to lose one of Andy, as you say. ;)
My mom never gave in to all that cheating, and look where it got her! I truly want you to stop cheating. No more, Heath, no more!

Dirtius Wifius said...

Don't worry Becca. I'm doing great this week. :)

jenica said...

i'm so glad to hear this. progress is the best. i started eating 200 calories every 2.5 hours and tracking every.single.thing i put in my mouth on myfitnesspal.com i can't tell you what a difference it makes, well i can tell you, because you know it too. ;-D and if i feel like eating a candy bar then it's ok as long as it's under 200 calories. so love this. good luck sweetie.

xoxo