Friday, October 5, 2007

phone trouble

About a year ago I used the insurance on my phone to replace my current/broken one, added Brent to my account, and upgraded my plan to have a family shared plan. This wasn't all done at the same time, but over a couple of months, my complaints with Verizon grew and I felt completely dissatisfied with the level of service that they gave me.

Fast forward to last week when I decided to give them one more shot and ask about some issues. I spent 36 minutes on the phone with one of the nicest customer service people I have ever spoken to. She was incredibly helpful, friendly, and sympathetic, and it made the experience totally positive.

Because of her advice and help, I decided to both change my plan (1-year contract requirement, but I get a special price because my current contract is almost over) and upgrade my phone (2-year contract requirement if I want any kind of a good price).

So Wednesday I called and talked to another very helpful and friendly CSR and asked the couple of final questions. Again - a completely positive experience.Although they can do phone orders, the rep from last week suggested I go online because I would get an online discount and not have to deal with a sales person.

So I went online and ordered a nice new phone. And because of the "new every 2" deal and the 2 year contract and the online discount, I got the phone for free.

I checked my email in the afternoon and there was a notification that it had already been shipped. It was here yesterday. Isn't it purty?

I called today and changed my plan and added texting. I figured if my friend wouldn't stop texting me then I might as well get a plan. But I found out that the text plan includes 250 picture messages and I'm elated! The new phone has a great camera and now I can stop worrying about my broken camera for a while. Yay! :)

Needless to say, I am a once-again-happy customer of Verizon.

3 comments:

Daisy Paige said...

I am pleasantly surprised for you. We've been thinking about dropping Verizon the last few weeks. Maybe I'll call in instead and see if someone nice and helpful answers instead.

ADDollhouse said...

it is SO nice to get phone issues figured out. I am doing that too

Katz said...

i've found that the people in the verizon stores are usually extremely un-helpful, but the call center people are very customer service oriented.

i want a chocolate. :(