Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesdays


For the past couple of weeks I've gone over to my sister's house to watch her youngest kids while she goes to a class at the hospital. The class was cancelled today because they scheduled 4 of the students/nurses to work, and now I feel like I have the day off.

Random thoughts today:

* I hate it when people assume that cranky = honest. Recently I "watched" a conversation on LDSLinkup that took place between two people and I was almost ashamed for them. These 2 adults, both about 40 years old, picked at each other and insulted each other as if they were in high school. I don't know if it's sadder that one was a guy and the other a girl. I've seen lots of those "fights" between two guys, but I don't know if I've ever seen a guy go after a girl so intently. Or maybe the reason it bothered me was that this was a friends' thread and not a public one, meaning that both of these people are friends of someone else. Shouldn't people who associate with each other respect each other? Or is it just that they're both grown-ups and aren't acting like it? Maybe I give younger people more leeway because they're young and stupid or young and bitter. It was annoying, to say the least.

* My latest cold is now about 2 weeks old and doesn't show any signs of leaving. I hate summer colds!!!!

* Every morning when I wake up, my ankle screams at me when I stand on it for the first minute or two. I bet you didn't know that ankles could scream, did you? Really though, even though I understood that this was a serious injury, it's been over 4 weeks now and I'm still very often in pain. There's still lots of swelling, and I can only walk on it for about 20 minutes before being really really uncomfortable. I wish healing didn't take so long!

* Last night we went to see Surf's Up with my cousin Erin and my brother Dan's kids (Dan and Linda are out of town). The movie was pretty fun actually. I wouldn't even mind owning it.

* We went out to eat at Wingers after the movie. We put Felix in the high chair and it worked quite well. He didn't fuss at all. Of course, we did give him a celery stick to gum and then a chicken bone (after I made sure there was nothing left that could come off). He was so cute - sitting there wobbling back and forth, alternately a chicken bone and a celery stick in his mouth (he had one in each hand).

* the picture is from Sunday. (You'll probably notice that all of the recent pictures are kind of grainy. It's because they're from my phone. We still haven't gotten the camera fixed. ) My niece Lauren loves playing with Felix and she put him on the duck. He didn't seem to mind at all and he even stayed on for a while. He's getting really good at balance.
* Felix had a bad rash on Sunday morning. We gave him a baby dose of benedryl and it did get better. I'm not sure if it's a real allergy or just a sensitivity. We haven't been really careful with new foods and such because he seems to like them all. Well, he didn't like it when I put his celery stick in the spicy wing sauce last night, but usually he loves even spicy foods. Of course we are careful not to give him anything he could choke on, so it's just getting flavors and nothing even slightly chunky.
* I like being busy with work, but it is hard to get used to sometimes. Brent has deadlines every two weeks with his work, but my work has deadlines every single day. I guess that's the nature of market research.
* My friend Jess called me yesterday to say she needed a vacation and to see if I would be available in a couple weeks. I'm thinking San Diego...

1 comment:

ADDollhouse said...

Hee hee hee! It is really funny to picture Felix gnawing on bone... but am sorry if it caused him any allergies!