Saturday, September 27, 2008

Felix and the blowfish

Ever since I can remember, I've known the secret of the blowfish. I make a seal with my lips on a window and blow. The cheeks get all big with the air and if done right, it also makes a great sound. When you do this on a person, it's often called a zebert. When I was a nanny in Spain I taught the kids how to do the blowfish. I was so proud.

The first time I saw Felix blow on a window I was stunned. I can't imagine my parents teaching that to him and I'm pretty sure Brent and I didn't do it. Felix thought it was hilarious (as did we, of course).

One day not too long ago, however, after Brent and Felix came in the room to wake me up, I was sitting on the bed and Felix came over and blew on my arm. It made a good sound, I laughed, and Felix giggled. He has done it since and I'm convinced that Grandpa Hardman would have been extremely proud.

Side note: I think baby giggle is the most beautiful sound in the universe. Felix loves to play with Brent, and there's a lot of giggling going on. And Felix is very ticklish. It makes my heart happy to hear that much laughter.

The best was just a day or two ago, when Felix started blowing on my face. I couldn't take it anymore when he got to my neck. Apparently I am still ticklish - at least to zeberts.

I will always insist that I didn't teach him this trick. He must have some Hardman in him. I can imagine some of my favorite cousins secretly teaching him how to blow right in the crook of someone's neck for greatest effect. Shauna - did you do it?!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I agree. My baby's giggle is the best sound to me too. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog today. Love you!

Shauna said...

Hmmm... it's entirely possible. I'm sure I've blowfished him before. And it's DEFINITELY possible that I've blowfished you lots in front of him. If neither of those is the case, maybe it's on a gene somewhere?

Becca said...

felix's imaginary baby laughter has just made my day. :)

Becca said...

PS
I changed my pic>>>>
It used to be Sirius Black in that
photo space but as you can see it's not him anymore.

Becca said...

PSS
I guess it's too small to see. it used to be a poster of sirius black with the saying "have you seen this wizard?" above.

Becca said...

what am i? INVISIBLE? my blog address is:
www.hobobecca.blogspot.com

once again:

www.hobobecca.blogspot.com

once again:

www.hobobecca.blogspot.com