Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bread and Sickness

Felix likes to help. Like with everything. "WeWe help!" is something we hear a lot around here. He's even tried to helpfully get his little sister out of the swing for me before. Yikes!

So when his bahma made bread last week, he jumped right in.

(Amelia doesn't cuddle. Like ever. But when she's ready to sleep, she loves her daddy's shoulder like nothing else.)

We found a spider. Let me be clear, we find a lot of spiders around here. It's been worse in the past, but I'm hoping the hobos will stay away from the kids. This one was red, so after I hit it with a shoe (it was sauntering down the hallway) I took a picture. Anyone know what kind this is? Felix went to spend the day with his cousin Luke on Monday. Would have been perfect if Luke hadn't been totally snotty. Felix got it full force. Not sure what's up with Amelia, but she's been really fussy lately too. Felix is coughing so hard he's been throwing up. Poor kids are both miserable. And that means Brent and I are pretty miserable too. Thank heavens for simple pleasures: (works perfectly with our toaster oven. We can get 8 cookies on the little tray so we each get 4. Makes us feel like we're getting a huge treat but keeps us from totally pigging out. Yeah, so some people's definitions of "pigging out" is like 3 cookies, but mine is at least 5.)

9 comments:

Adam and Cassie said...

If there is anything left in the box I'm proud of myself when it comes to dessert. I'm sorry about the kids. Hopefully with the weather getting better there will be less illness.

Unknown said...

We have some of those little red spiders in our basement. At first they freaked me out but I looked them up on http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ I can't remember what they were called, but I do remember that they were harmless.

nora.lakehurst said...

Sorry you are sick.

Dirtius Wifius said...

Thanks all. Felix is doing better today. I called a nurse last night and she said we could give him albuterol every 4 hours if needed. So we gave him another treatment, mixed some pain reliever in his night bottle and he slept tons better. He's still coughing a lot today and snotty, but he's much better.

Lis - thanks for looking up those spiders. I honestly don't mind most bugs as long as they stay away, but I'm already sick of the ants that have invaded our bathroom, of all places. Thank goodness for "safe" bug killer!

Kristin said...

Yikes, that Spider looked scary, I am glad it wasn't dangerous. We had that cough here too. . I still have it. but it was really bad for a week.

CarrieAnne said...

5 cookies is pigging out? So...what's...like...more than 5? Cause 5 cookies is "getting started".

And the spider pic. Eww. We get red ones sometimes too. They're weird.

CarrieAnne said...

BTW, I think your spider is a Solpugid or Sunspider.

Than & Lina said...

We learned that a hobo spider can look like a brown recluse. There is also some type of garden spider that can look like them too, and those are pretty common in Utah. Anyway, we had a bunch of big and scary looking spiders, but we get those sticky board spider/mouse traps, and they work wonders! (We have about 7 set out in our 1 bedroom apartment.) We also bought a spray from Home Depot that can be used inside and outside. We spray it around the foundation, windows and doors. We used to have a few to several spiders per week. Now we have one every few months.

jenica said...

that spider looks like a sowbug killer, we get them all the time and they are CREEPY! they have huge fangs, but they use them on pill bugs not humans. still doesn't help with the creepiness factor.