Monday, April 27, 2009

Movie Review: Monsters vs. Aliens

Catching up on the movie reviews...
I can't leave this one out. It's Dreamworks, which won't matter to you unless you know anything about movie studios. This is made by the same people that made the Shrek movies, not all the lovable Pixar or Disney movies. The fact that I loved it (Brent did too) says a lot.

This has great casting - the voices work well with the characters, and they're not so unique to the actors that you can't help but think about those actors when you hear them.

The characters are developed well too. There's enough background on the most important one - Susan (the really tall one) - that you feel connected to her. You care about what happens. And yet, you're not bogged down by too much back story.

In a quick synopsis, a group of so-called monsters is recruited to battle an evil alien.

We saw the movie in 3-D and enjoyed it immensely. It was very fun, had great pacing, the effects were wonderful, and we're crossing our fingers that it is released in 3-D.

Monsters vs. Aliens is rated PG for some mild peril, I guess. If you see it in 3-D, it costs extra for the glasses, but I think it's worth it. Matinee perhaps?

I give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars. Yeah, I know my last few have all gotten the same score. They've all been very good movies, but for very different reasons. This one happens to be great for the whole family. :)

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

This is my most favorite movie EVER! My kids loved it too. I am so going to buy it when it comes to DVD!! YAY!!!