Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Of migraines and stuff

Yesterday being Monday, I think it was entirely too fitting that I got a migraine. It's been a long time that I got one that wasn't drug-induced (severe sensitivity to Lortab), so getting essentially all of the symptoms just for the heck of it wasn't much fun. I'm still dealing with a huge headache this morning (come to think of it, I had one all day yesterday before the migraine hit - I should have prepared...), but at least most of the rest of the symptoms are gone. Thank goodness for Dr. Pepper and generic ibuprofen!

On Sunday I tried typing up something using google documents but my computer gave me an error and said my browser didn't support it. I've already been really frustrated with my computer because I'm just not used to using a Mac yet. I finally got my internet totally set up and then this error. But since I don't have any kind of word processing software and I really needed to type something up, the error was a bad thing.


I got a couple of options, and Brent said I should use Firefox. It took me longer than I was patient for to download, but I finally got it and then it was totally different from Safari. I was completely frustrated and snapping at Brent for not helping me so he took over and somehow imported all my preferences.

And now? I have all my important web pages across the top in handy buttons, I can use google documents (awesome!), my gmail chat is finally working again (apparently not supported by Safari), I can add video and links to my blog (couldn't under Safari), etc. I'm officially in love. Seriously. I'd recommend Firefox to anyone (and it's free!!!!!).

It kind of makes me long for the days when I took computer classes in high school. I see my 13 year old computer-genius nephew on his computer and I'm jealous of how much he can do. Heck, I see my 2 1/2 year old nephew working on his computer and I know he'll pass me up by the time he's 10. Now I officially feel old.

The quote today makes me laugh more than anything, so I have to share:

Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways.
- Samuel McChord Crothers

3 comments:

Katz said...

we're in love with firefox. :)

ADDollhouse said...

I only use Firefox myself. But it just works so well with the things I use... blogger, Google, etc.

Tran said...

I argue with my husband all the time as to which is better; firefox or internet explorer. I tried using firefox but for some reason, I just don't like it. I suppose I am just used to Internet Explorer. He loves using firefox and won't use internet explorer. I guess it's just preference and what works best for you. Glad you got things going.