Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Winter of my Discontent

I don't know what it is about this winter, but it's kicking my butt. Maybe not literally, although I do feel regularly like I've been hit by a truck.

Felix got sick on Sunday. I got it last night (I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up fully congested), and now today Brent isn't feeling great.

Sheesh!

I finally got fed up with the poor grammar/etiquette of some people on LDSLinkup (it's a free site for LDS people, married or single, all ages, lots of message boards and some very interesting and rousing conversations) and posted a topic with some pointers. I think I got up to 9 different things, most of them having to do with correct word and punctuation usage.

Now, I don't claim to be perfect in my grammar, but at least I try to get it right. With one exception (that was number 9 - the difference between accept and except): I will consciously end a sentence with a preposition. I'm a bad, bad person. I deserve to be shunned for my sins.

On that note, enjoy this gem (I don't know what kind of sick person thought this up, but it's brilliant):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great title, Heather! if you can think up things like that, at least your brain is still functioning at a high level, however your body feels.

i feel that i have an incredible (INCREDIBLE!) grasp of grammar and punctuation rules.

whether those rules get translated purely from brain to fingers to computer is another thing entirely.

Shauna said...

Yeah. Good job making that up all by yourself. :)