Sunday, January 13, 2008

"ah-ee-t"


That's Felix's first word. Sort of. Any guesses?

So I was playing around with the sitemeter thing and it said that there is someone in Romania that has checked my blog. Also someone in France. I feel so special!

I have no idea how they would find me, but, more importantly, I have no idea why. Not that I mind. I think it's kind of cool to be connected to all parts of the globe.

Today we went to the Spanish ward in our stake. Felix was totally getting his flirt on. I think the whole ward might be in love with him now. They're all worried that we don't speak Spanish because we look quite American, but it's really cute how they don't even try to speak English to Felix. I would love it if he picked up some good Spanish while we're attending that ward.

As I went into Relief Society I got a pretty good wiff of natural gas. I didn't think much of it, but if it had stayed strong I would have cracked a window. But half-way through the opening hymn, someone came in and said there was a big gas leak and we should probably leave the room. The windows were opened and everyone filed out. They also said that if we had small children we might want to collect them.

Felix and I left the room and I didn't smell any more gas, but that might have been because people were moving around a lot and the windows had been opened. I decided I didn't want to keep Felix there, especially since he was starting to fall asleep. We told Brent we were leaving (they apparently decided to have priesthood meeting anyway) and we came home. As we were driving away from the stake center a fire engine pulled up and I saw a couple of police cars drive by. It was interesting. I wonder how it will all play out.

Felix slept for about 5 minutes after we got home and then he decided he wanted to get up and play with grandma and grandpa. Grandpa fed Felix half a hot dog and some crackers and then they came to hang out in the living room. Felix kept pointing up and saying "aheet". He was very cute about it, of course. Grandma then gave Felix some bells to chew on. He loves those things.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that kid. He's so cute!

Dirtius Wifius said...

I think so too. :)

Daisy Paige said...

He is so adorable!!

CarrieAnne said...

I thought you meant you smelled "natural" gas. I totally thought this was gonna be a diaper story.

ADDollhouse said...

He is REALLY cute.

And maybe he is just being all gangsta, like "ai'ght!"