Monday, November 24, 2008

I would have been surprised...

if the tests had come back negative for a UTI today.

But I wasn't surprised. So I'm starting round 5 of antibiotics as soon as Brent gets to the pharmacy and then when it's done I'll be on a maintenance dose through the rest of the pregnancy.

I called American Fork hospital and asked what I would need to come in for non-stress tests on the baby and they said to just show up. Then I called the midwives to see if I could get one of them to assist in case I went early and they said I would have to have an appointment first and they're booked for a few weeks. That means that by the time I would get in to see them I would be at 37 weeks and wouldn't need to go there anyway. Oh well. If baby decides to show up in the next 2 1/2 weeks then I'll just have to go with whoever is on call.

My back is killing me. My dad thinks it's a kidney stone. The urologist today said that was a likely cause of lingering infection. The hope is that it's actually just the baby causing problems and that it will all just magically go away once she's born. I'm crossing my fingers.

Oh, some have asked if I'm going to have a baby shower. I don't have anything planned and I don't honestly need much. I don't have a single scrap of baby girl clothing, although I do have some generic onesies and such left-over from Felix. We haven't started stocking up on the diapers yet, but will soon. Can't have too many of those, eh? My mom says she's going to get me a diaper genie because she was impressed with my sister's. And I could eventually use a toddler bed. We have something rigged up for Felix in the meantime that he likes so there's no pressing need.

In other words, if you feel like you'd be interested in giving a gift, I'm open to anything. I would be just as happy with a visit as with an actual gift. So there you have it. I don't really feel ready for this, but there's not much left to do. I need to pack an overnight bag and put it in the car and stuff like that. For just in case. I don't want to be completely unprepared again.

2 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I had a diaper genie with my first, and the idea was nice, but it certainly didn't make it on to the "necessary" or even "very useful" list. The refill bags are expensive, and disposing of them when it's full is NOT fun.

When we moved into our new house, one of the few things Tom asked for was a diaper box in the garage like Marcy has. It's just a trash can (in our case an old cardboard box) right outside the kitchen door where you throw the poopies. I have to empty my inside kitchen trash often enough (at least once a day) that wet diapers are no problem in there.

Granted, most of the things I had for my first were nice but not necessary, but I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather have than a diaper genie.

We're thinking of you and praying all goes well! Take care!

Anonymous said...

My mom has been asking us to keep you in our prayers. We are (except me; I honestly try, but I fall asleep after the "Dear" all to often :]), hoping you can avoid anything sudden or health-problemy!

Will you tell Felix I said Hi? I don't think he understands that I have a name, or if he does, I don't think he knows what it is -- so on second thought, maybe you'd be wasting your time...

Oh yeah. What in a Brinkmistress Cahootion is a diaper genie? That could either be a mom joke, or some creepy dispenser?

-- Ethan