Monday, March 17, 2008

Another week in paradise

Not really. I mean, it is just Utah.

Truth is that I really like where I am right now. See, for those of you not in the know, we live with my parents. We have our own space, but still get to use the main house when we need. This has been a huge blessing for us during the past two years and I appreciate it immensely.

I'm still trying to get things organized though. I think that'll end up being a life-long battle for me. Sigh.
I have to tell you a funny story. On Monday evening last week I had a hard time sleeping. Weird for me because I can usually sleep anywhere, anytime. So I was in the living room watching tv in the dark and just trying to relax. All of a sudden, there was a big crash and the light came on. I totally jumped out of my skin!

There is a little shelf between our two main doors (one into our living room and right near it is the door into the rest of our little apartment). There are a bunch of hooks for jackets, and we keep knick knacks on the shelf part. Apparently, one of the nails on the shelf that attaches the tooth thinghy to the back came out, and the weight of the shelf took the whole thing down. On its way down, it caught the light switch (there are two for the living room lights, so it was off in the up position), breaking the light switch plate in half.

Once my heart got back to a normal speed, I thought it was super funny. I mean, talk about random!

There was one sad thing though. On that shelf we had a small glass replica of the Bountiful Temple, where we got married. In the fall, it shattered into many pieces. It wouldn't be quite so tragic, but the lady in our ward who makes them (she did the glass-blowing herself) retired for health reasons and I don't think she could make us another one. :(

Lazy me, I haven't put the shelf back up. The glass is all cleaned up, but the shelf is just resting on the rocking chair with a pile of jackets. I have no idea why I have such a hard time putting things together sometimes. Maybe it's that if there's an easy project I still need to do then I don't have to start on the difficult projects yet. Who really knows the reasons for procrastination?

No comments: